CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

Travis and I started a tradition a couple of years ago to take both of our moms out to dinner together for mother's day. I guess it must be my motherly instincts kicking in- but I decided to do a breakfast at my house instead. And we also invited Kylee and Kendra. (My only two sister-in-laws left here in Boise and now Kylee left for the summer! We will miss them!) So... with Travis as my sous-chef (sp?) we took on the task. We made whole wheat crepes, egg-sausage soufflĂ©,  waffles, fruit pizza, blueberry muffins, Fresca mimosas and all of the fixings. It was such a success that I think we will have to make this our new tradition! We had so many leftovers that the husbands got a plateful too! We love you moms and appreciate everything you do for us!

This last Monday we had our first bonfire in our makeshift fire pit. I had to burn a bunch of old business papers and we wanted s'mores! Yummy!

And for all of those that don't get to see my progress- here I am at 29 weeks! It's commin' on fast now!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh.. FIRST OF ALL.. Stacie you look so beautiful pregnant! and your hair is lookin cute too. Aw. It made me all giddy to see you all pregnant'd up. haha. I can't wait to meet baby girl Botkin. seriously.
Mothers day set up looked very pretty! Hope everything is going well!

ps. Whenever i think of making stuff for Arli.. I always think OH I have to make 2 now for new Baby Girl Bots. haha

bkbishopfamily said...

I'm so glad you took a picture of some of the brunch stuff-it was absolutely brilliant, not to mention, delish!!! Thanks you guys! And Stacie, of course you're looking good, not too much longer really-I CAN'T WAIT!!!

kim said...

thanks again for the wonderful brunch! Not only was it beautiful to look at, it was also yummy to eat! You two worked so hard to make it such a nice event for us! You are such great kids and I love you both alot11

Rae Jean said...

Your amazing Stacie! The breakfast sounded yummy! Next year, Travis and the hubbies will have to do it, for the "moms". You will be official next year! Seriously though, it is a wonderful tradition, and you are a sweetheart to do it for your moms. Coming from one mom, I know that it meant a lot to them! You're looking beautiful as ever!

Davis and Laura said...

Geez! You look so good and cute! I love your hair, its growing fast! I know, Dallin is getting so big! Everytime I see him he's grown and looks older! AH! We're getting old! :) Stacy is actually the one expecting the baby (in October)! She got married about a year and half ago. Shellee just had a boy this past January though. Its gonna be fun having all the boy cousins in the same year! :) Glad you guys are doing well!

C & M said...

You are such a cute pregnant gal!! How are you? How are you feeling? Also, congrats to Trav on graduating...yeah!