CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 30, 2009

Change is a commin'


Well, we had a wonderful New Year's and a smooth grand opening of Poppy Street Salon!! I am so excited! It has been up and running for a month now and I love being at home AND sliding down the hall to my salon! Its great! The best part is that me and my baby get lots of snacks! And boy do I need that! So, thank you to all who helped out! Especially my dad and my husband! Couldn't have done it without them. I do have to say that I was very surprised at myself- I sheet rocked and used a saw and nail gun! I kinda enjoyed it!

Thankfully, throughout this baby making progress I have been feeling really good. Only one up-chuck, but thanks to 3 bowls of coco crisp + a drive to Idaho City right afterwards = brown, chocolate flavored snow!! I am 14 weeks and 3 days and have developed an expanding tummy- that is exciting for me!

I am also taking a HUGE plunge into the world of bald people! I have decided to participate in an organization called St. Baldricks Day. Our job is to raise money and shave our heads and their job is to do cancer research for kids! So .... if anyone wants to say that they contributed to making me bald- now is your payback. My goal is $1000, so visit the website and make a donation! Even if it is $5- You can even be anonymous! But, remember to find me under 'Find a Participant.'

For info or to make a donation:  http://www.stbaldricks.org/    

And say good-bye to my curly locks!
Pass the word and Thank You for your support!




9 comments:

Davis and Laura said...

Oh! I am so excited for you in so ways. First, the baby! Its so fun having a friend who is pregnant with you. I have a cousin and another friend who is due just weeks before me. I'm happy you have been feeling well, I too didn't get too sick but was so hungry all the time. That has somewhat subsided. Second, I am so happy for you and your salon. I'm planning on doing a spa in our home as soon as we get one. Its looks great! Congrats!

kim said...

woohoo for the poppy st salon!!! we are so happy for you! this will be so great when it is time for little baby botkin to appear! love you guys!

Anonymous said...

haha yes.. coco crispies will do that to ya. yuck.
yay for not feeling sick though! That is awesome.

Michael said...

Stacie we are so excited for the Poppy Street Salon. My first experience was first rate. The place looks awesome! You and Travis and Al did a great job. I look forward to many more hair cuts and unibrow waxings at the Poppy Street Salon.

Royce said...

How exciting. The new place looks great. I'm jealous that you're are home owners. Some day we'll join that club.

Nick and Sabrina Zurcher said...

The Salon looks great! Bald? your brave!

Brad and Britt said...

haha! I love the St. Baldrick's Day...you know that it is a soft spot in my heart because of the kids I work with each and every day. I love how good your salon looks! Its adorable...i am thinking that I need to take a drive all of the way up there so that I can sit in the chair and have you do my hair!

MOLLY said...

i loved projects like that when i was preg i mean the sheet rocking not the bald heading!!! that is awesome tho! then again you can totally pull it off!

Rae Jean said...

You guys are amazing! I love your cute little salon! How exciting for you! Are you really going to go bald? Is Travis going to do it with you? lol Good luck with that! What a great cause!